Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2012

Slider Card Tutorial


Here is my step by step 'How To' in pictures.
I find it alot easier to understand in pictures.

how-to-slider-card-friendship

You need 3 different colours of paper. (I will get u the mesurments soon, i forget them right now)
The black cardstock is the slider
The white cardstock is the background to your images
The red cardstock is your card
The red cardstock will have two horizontal cuts in order for the slider to 'slide'.
Depending on the size you'd like your slider, you will cut your white cardstock, a trick is to trace the top and bottom line of your white cardstock (make sure to center the white cardstock) onto the red cardstock those will be your guidelines for the slider. I used my cutter to cut them in a straight line. You can always use a ruler and a exacto knife.
I also used my circle puncher to punch out a half circle to allow a space to pull out the slider.

how-to-slider-card-friendship

Using my sponge, I then distressed the edges of the papers with my Tim Holtz distress ink.
(LOVE this part! Distressing your projects always adds a little special touch)
Then I glued the white cardstock down and made sure it fit perfectly between the two horizontal cut lines.


how-to-slider-card-friendship

I then added the slider (black cardstock) and glued the card together.

how-to-slider-card-friendship

how-to-slider-card-friendship

I then cut out a piece of white cardstock to glue ontop of the slider in order to add a picture. I also distressed it prior to gluing it down. I also added and glued a picture to the white background cardstock. I printed my images off my computer, but you can always use real pictures, stamps, quotes anything really. 

how-to-slider-card-friendship

I then added my final touches.
I used some of my Dollar Store rub on saying. They are a bit hard to read on the red paper but I really liked what the saying were.

You can also add a nice message to the slider so when they pull it open, they can read this more private message. I choose to just put a rub on stamp since my cardstock was black.

To help open the slider, I added a flower to one card and a orange jewel to the other. (not in this picture). You can also add a ribbon or anything really, as long as its a bit elevated and easy to hold on to.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment