Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wedding Anniversary Present: Part 1

A present I made for my Husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We got married January 21st 2012.  
Part 1

I wanted to make something special for my husband for our one year wedding anniversary. I wanted to make something small that we could keep forever. So I came up with this idea..
A deck of cards and I added 60 things I love about being his wife (during our first year of marriage). 

















I used my crocodile to make holes in the deck of cards...  





I then inserted the brads only on the front card and the last card to make it more solid.

I added a solid string to hold it all together. I was also going for a more manly look so I tried avoiding girly ribbon. 


I then used Tim Holtz distress ink to give the cards a more aged look. Note these cards had a wax finish on them so it took two layers to get them the colour I wanted and it also got a little messy because the ink didn't want to stay on the cards.. But in the end it all worked out :)  

















Another little note.. I placed the cards in order.. so Ace going up to K from each suite fallowing each other from red to black to red to black.






















This is what I came up with for the cover. Note I wish I would have written '60 Reasons' instead of '60 Things' but what can you do.... 


The ink didn't want to stick to the card, that's why it looks a bit funny.. the next day the ink had really sunk in and turned out really nice.

I printed 'reasons why I loved being his wife' on the computer, printed them and cut them to fit the cards. I quickly ran out of the glue tape so I ended up using a glue stick half way threw. 

I also added numbers on each card and covered up the number that was under. 

















Here's a small sample of what it turned out like.. I also added pictures on the back of the cards. 

Check out PART 2 for the final product.


Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment