Total Pageviews

Monday, January 06, 2014

Sizzix Butterfly Pop'n Cuts: The power of two!

Sizzix Butterfly Pop'n Cuts 
Never under estimate the power of two!





Click on the "Read More" for the FULL Picture Tutorial.


I did not use double sided paper for the yellow background so what I did instead was cut 4 sets of panels and glued then back to back. (The only yellow paper I have was one sided)

 I then glued down the yellow backgrounds and cut off the access.

This is the view of the inside of the card to show what the yellow background looks like. 

I then used a pattern paper and cut it out over the same pop'n cut I used for the inside of the card. 
I then glued it over the front of the card. 

I like to add a banner over the seam to help hold it all together better. This step is optional. 

In order to make the banner, this is the trick I use.. I put a little bit of glue on each end, then I draw out the areas that need to be cut off.. I then cut them off and re-glue it down. OR you could always run a strip threw the pop'n cuts, either way works.  


This is the outcome, I also added the same patterned strip to the back of the card, it really does help to make the card stronger.


I then glued the butterflies up on dimensionals.  

I then decorated the inside. 
On the right I added a Stampin' Up Sentiment "Yippee-Skippee - 131344" witch I embossed in white then I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink. I put the sentiment up on dimensionals over a Sizzix decorative boarder called "On the edge -657496".


There we go, the final product! 
I will be putting up a YouTube video of this card shortly so lookout for it.
Thanks for checking out my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment