Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Envelope Mini Album Part2: Decorating

Now let's decorate the Envelope Mini Album!






Click on "Read More" to see the Full picture TUTORIAL 





Now use any size circle punch you have laying around and punch out half circles at the top of the envelopes like done below. Only cut threw the front layer of the envelope. This makes it easier for your flap to come out and looks nice.

Do the same for the center of the mini album and the flap on the right. I purposely left the left inside flap as is to use it as a big space to put a picture on or journaling. I also did not want too many tabs for this project but you can always add one if you have alot of journaling to do.

I then used my Stampin' Up ink and distressed ALL the edges of the mini album.
Note that I also glued back the half circles I had cut out. I glued them to the back of the envelope and distressed around the cut out areas.

Here is a view from the inside of the mini album.

This is to show what the half circle looks like when you glue the cut out piece to the back layer of the envelope. It's a little trick and looks nice.

I then created inserts to fit inside the 3 pockets.
The inserts measure 3 5/8" X 4"
I used 3 different solid colors of cardstock. 
(I made sure to coordinate the colors with the pattern paper)
I then used strips of burlap ribbon to use as the tab to help pull them out.
I used 2 staples on each tab to hold the ribbon down.
I like the look it gives to the album. You could always use glue or a brad.
I then rounded the edges. (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment