Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Owl lovers sitting in the moonlight - Card

This card kinda happened by accident haha..
I've had that embossed brown background laying around for a while and I ended up cutting a circle out of it to use in another card withought really thinking about where I was cutting the circle out.. then I put it down on the table and realized I should use it to make a card. Originally I was going to add a sentiment in the center of the circle but then remembered I had two owls that were already all made that have been laying around for months!! So.. Took those out theeeen I thought yellow was too bold so I went and cut out a smaller circle thinking maybe I'd leave the green background as a border inside the circle and when I looked at the part that was left from the yellow after cutting out a smaller circle I realized it would look perfect to give it the effect of a moon or even a sunrise/set. Then I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut out the leaves (& cut out a bunch of extra ones for future cards), used my Martha Stewart punch for the small red hearts and voila done! I just love when cards put themselves together so easily :) 



I put glossy accents over the hearts and parts of the leaves 
to give them some reflection and dimension. 

No comments:

Post a Comment